This combination was thought of by Kevin Alexander and I wouldn’t change it. If you want you can always adapt it but I personally think it is a good combination.
EARLY RISER BREAKFAST Mini Meal
It’s time to break out the cast iron skillet—every fit cook should have one. This breakfast will cook in the oven as you get yourself and family ready for the day. Definitely worth a try!
EGG WHITES 6
BROWN RICE AND QUINOA MIX 1/2 CUP
RED BELL PEPPER 1 SLICED
GARLIC, PEPPER, AND SEA SALT 1 PINCH
GRAPEFRUIT 1/2 PINK
DYMATIZE ISO 100 1 SCOOP or ANY PROTEIN UNFLAVORED
- Set oven to 405 F.
- Lightly spray a cast iron skillet with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Add cooked brown rice and quinoa to the skillet.
- Pour in egg whites, and then add asparagus strips and pieces and bell pepper slices.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes (or until eggs are cooked).
PEPPERS WITH “FIT GRITS,” EGG WHITES AND PICO DE GALLO
This meal is great for breakfast or, if you work out in the evening, a post-workout dinner. Regardless of when you have it, your body and taste buds will thank you.
EGG WHITES 6
SPINACH 1 CUP RAW
BROWN RICE 1/4 CUP
BELL PEPPER 1/2
PICO DE GALLO
- Cook egg whites and farina separately. Mix together and add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Cut bell peppers horizontally to create 2 thick rings.
- Lightly spray another skillet with coconut oil or olive oil and set on medium heat.
- Place bell peppers rings in the skillet and crack the eggs inside the bell pepper.
- Push down on the bell pepper sides to prevent spillage. Let it cook until the egg turns white.
- Place cooked pepper rings and egg/farina mixture on a plate. Top whatever you’d like with pico de gallo.