Hello my fellow cookers,
Traditional meal for the holidays. At least I enjoy this every time I make it.
Ingredients: 1 serving
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed – divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Italian seasoning
Prep time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ready In:45 min
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Place each chicken breast on a cutting board between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well).
- Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 spears of asparagus down on another cutting board and cut them up into small pieces or blend. Spread the asparagus pieces on top of the chicken breast with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over the asparagus. Repeat with the other chicken breast, and roll the chicken around the asparagus and cheese to make a tidy, compact roll. Place the rolls seam sides down in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Let cool in the oven for about 5 minutes with the heat off and ready to serve.