I wanted a change to my regular twice a week eggs sunny side up. I normally have it with toast but this time I found a great recipe that adds avocado to the toast and gave my taste buds a nice change.
This recipe is from Nutrition Wow and I changed it a little to meet my protein needs and fats but I will post the original recipe by Dawn and let you change it like I did if you need to. Please comment about the changes you make because it will only help others see different things you can do with such a great recipe.
SWEET & SAVORY AVOCADO TOAST
- 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- cooking spray
- 1 whole egg ( I added 2 more)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ( I added actual sliced red peppers and mashed them up)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts ( I eliminated this – nut allergy but added quinoa instead
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Top each toast with half the mashed avocado.
2. Mist nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook egg.
3. Top savory avocado toast with egg, crushed red pepper flakes and sea salt.
4. Top sweet avocado toast with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
5. Nutrition details: 1 piece sweet avocado toast= 190 cals, 10g fat, 21g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g protein; 1 piece savory avocado toast= 200 cals, 10g fat, 18g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g protein.