This week I looked for something I could make plenty of and fast. I had a very busy week before I had for some training in a camp. Here is what I got.
There are several recipes for Bread but I found this Protein Bread easy to combined with other things and fast to make. If you have a you or a friend have a bread maker it is easier.
PROTEIN BREAD with AVACADOS and RICOTTA CHEESE
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (or cooked sweet potato!)
- 1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp quinoa flakes (or oats)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flakes
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup milk (coconut milk, rice milk, or almond milk work best)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add in fruit if you want it to be a little sweeter. I added blueberries!
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F (160 C).
- Using a handheld blender or mixer, blend together all the ingredients to create a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into a small bread loaf tin (I use silicone), and bake it for about 40 minutes or until your knife comes out clean when you stab the bread.
- Cut some toast slices
- Spread ricotta cheese on how many slices you want for breakfast and add avocado pieces or slices on top.
Really simple and good for a few days! Has a great protein and wheat balance. You can add blueberries like me in the mix after you put the mix in half way.