It’s time to bring back Dutch Babies! It was hard because they are called a lot of different things in Europe but they are really good and A Beautiful Mess had a great recipe!
I would like to share their recipe with you…
If you’ve never tried a dutch baby before here are three reasons why you should soon:
1. They are delicious. Think if a pancake and crepe had a child.
2. They’re called Dutch Babies. That’s adorable. Duh.
3. They are super easy to make. It’s kind of a baked pancake. No flipping required.I’ve been making these for a while now. I originally learned from this recipe and this lovely blog. Here’s what I do.
Dutch Babies, makes two (very filling) servings.
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup milk
and 2 tablespoons butter for the pans
1).Preheat your oven to 350 F. Place a tablespoon of butter into two small cast iron skillets (or other oven safe pans) and place them in the oven while it heats up, melting the butter.
2) In a bowl combine the eggs and milk, whisk to combine.
3) Add in the other ingredients and stir until no lumps remain in the batter. Once your oven is preheated remove the hot pans and give them a shake to evenly distribute the butter (if needed).
4) Divide the batter in half and pour into each pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Serve with powder sugar, fresh fruit and plenty of maple syrup.
Good luck and Enjoy…