So I have been away for a week or so but I was up near Yorkton and I had a great meal in a nice restaurant last week and so I decided to try and copy it. This was the closest I could find but I think it will still make your taste buds want more.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can of creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (optional)
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, cubed
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or to taste
- 1 Cauliflower, stem removed
- In a large wok or skillet heat oil over medium heat; saute onions until translucent. Stir in creamed corn and curry paste. Cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes. As you stir, add salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stir in garbanzo beans with the cauliflower and gently fold in tofu. Add spinach and cover. When spinach is tender, remove from heat and stir in basil.
Note: A quick delicious recipe with curry with spinach, chickpeas, onions, and/or whatever veggies you have. I have added cauliflower, but aren’t limited to adding in extras like potatoes, and sweet potatoes to this recipe. All were very good. Serve with nan, pita or rice if desired.
This close recipe like the one I had in the restaurant was provided by allrecipes.com and you can find more delicious ones on their website.