I have tried this great soup and thought I would share it with you. I found it online and it is perfect for something fast, healthy and light during a lunch or supper time meal.
It’s a little creamy and thick but easily adaptable to your liking with mixed carrots, ginger, garlic, onions and vegetable stock.
1 tsp. Olive oil
1 white onion, diced small
3 garlic cloves, minced small
2 tbsp. Ginger, minced or cut up small
1 tsp. Coriander
1 tsp. Cumin
3-5 cups of vegetable stock (depending on creamy thickness)
5 cups of carrots chopped up small
1 cup of coconut milk
1 tsp. Salt and pepper for flavor
1 half avocado for added nutrients
1) In a saucepan, cook your onions, garlic cloves in olive oil until golden (2-3 min)
2) Add the ginger and carrots while continuing to stir for 3-5 minutes
3) Add in the coconut milk and vegetable stock slowly while stirring. Turn off stove tops after the carrots and veggies are cooked through. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4) Blend or food process everything to make smooth and creamy.
5) Add in the avocados for flavor and texture.
If it is too thick, add in more vegetable stock to make smoother.