So my good friend just told me what he had for supper last night. Being Spanish he loves Chorizos.
TOTAL TIME:23 min
Cook:3 min – 10 minutes
YIELD:4 to 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 1 pound (21 to 25 count) shrimp, head on and unpeeled (frozen or unfrozen)
- 1 cup sliced chorizo
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 whole boquerones (Spanish whiteanchovies), optional
Heat a skillet over a high heat. Add the olive oil and quickly add the shrimp, chorizo, onion, shallot, garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, and boquerones, if using or desired. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
I would recommend sweet chorizos with shrimp. It compliments the shrimp more but if you desire spicy chorizos they are more commonly found. I got my chorizos at Farm Boy. They only have quality AAA products.