So I got this healthy idea from a friend I had when I was traveling and so I decided to look up some healthier ways to do it online and found one on Yummly.
I will be making more of these so hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- nonstick spray
- 11/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla (DailyBurn Fuel-6 in)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 bananas (ripe, mashed)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup of vanilla or non-flavored protein powder
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate spread (Nutella)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 cups of blue berries (optional) but really good!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, protein powder, flaxseeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, yogurt, milk and vanilla and berries. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill the muffin cups halfway and drop a teaspoon-size dollop of Nutella in each. Fill with batter the rest of the way. Sprinkle walnuts on top if desired and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Individuals with a nut allergies, do not add walnuts on top but I liked this because for some reason I don’t react to Nutella.
- Store muffins in an airtight container up to two days.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (measured correctly)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about one medium)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or unsalted butter, melted)
- 1 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 scoops vanilla protein (such as this)
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen unsweetened, thawed slightly and diced)
- 3 tbsps lemon juice (freshly squeezed, about one medium-large)
Same as up top… add the your dry ingredients first and then in another bowl vanilla, eggs and greek yogurt. Good luck.