So my wife and I just had crepe’s this past week because we went back home and saw family. Anyways, it is great because there are several different recipes of crepes from protein to sweet to alcoholic ones. But we had a twist on it by making it into a breakfast wrap. So I added in some veggies, meat and fruit. It was fabulous. I won’t give you guys a recipe because there are several crepe mixes out there but combine your crepe into a wrap!!
Another Idea is making your crepe into a layered sandwich!! I also tried that too and it was a blast!! Have fun.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup of onions and veggies
- 1/2 of lettuce (Group of 4 people)
- 4 crepe tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Stir in cheese and ham in order to make a nice omelette.
- Spoon egg mixture down the center of each crepe; add fruit, veggies and onions, roll up.
Freeze option: Wrap cooled egg wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in a resealable plastic bag for up to 2 weeks. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove plastic wrap; wrap tortilla in a moist paper towel. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.