Just a reminder from the Tabata King himself!
6 TABATA RULES
To get the most out of your Tabata workout, follow these guidelines:
- Warm up for at least 10 minutes. That’s part of the original protocol.
- Use full-body exercises that engage as many muscle groups as possible.
- Exercises using bodyweight, a weighted vest, or free weights are all acceptable.
- Go full-tilt during the 20-second bursts. Seriously, don’t slow down.
- Try hard to find your breath during the 10-second rests. Good luck.
- Be prepared to sweat … a lot.
Now onto the workout!
- Modified Cockroach 45 sec –
Starting with a jump, land and crawl as fast as possible forward for 8 paces. Stop, get up, and jump in the air, land and crawl backwards in a crab walk for 8 paces.
2. Push ups – 15 secs – 20 secs
3. Frog Jumps – 45 secs
Drop into a squat with BOTH hands touching the ground, then jump in the air with the knees tucked up. Repeat quickly.
4. Lunges Backwards – 15-20 sec
5. Kick up Dance – 45 sec
In a Crab Walk position, staying in the same stop, alternate kicking up in the air with each foot as fast as possible. Repeat as many times as you can!
6. Hip Thrusts – 15-20 sec
In a Crab Walk Position, with your butt on the ground, lift your hips off the floor until you reach a straight table position, and repeat.
7. Finisher!!! Single Leg Burpee into Kick Throughts 1 min 30 secs!!!
<< COME ON YOU CAN MAKE IT>>
- Start in the push-up position. Jump in with one leg, and then jump up, bringing the opposite knee toward the chest. Repeat on the other side. If this is too difficult, perform the burpees with both legs.
- Start in a push-up position. Shift your body weight toward the right arm, and then kick to the left with the right leg. Alternate the movement on your left and right sides quickly.